About the Chamber
The mission of the Chamber is to promote business and commerce for the Decatur and Morgan County area through volunteer leadership in economic, political and social development.
Founded in 1931 by the late Barrett C. Shelton, the Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce serves as an advocate for business. The Chamber’s membership includes more than 750 businesses and industries, the majority of which are small to mid-sized businesses.
- Be an advocate for businesses and industries in the Decatur-Morgan County area
- Provide needed resources for the business community
- Help develop and support workforce development programs
- Provide leadership training for business professionals
- Connect business professionals in the community
- Provide support in areas that will improve the community
- Help attract and retain new industries
The ultimate goal of the Chamber is to make Decatur-Morgan County a better place to live, work and play.